Daz studio bridge addon, pose is different in blender

Hm…seems that when I powerpose and remove limits, it doesn´t recognize the rotatation, bend of the upper body, the lower body get´s through correct.

Blender 3.4 Alpha
Daz studio 4.2.1 Pro
Daz to blender bridge v1.0
Windows 10

Any Idea?

Doesn´t matter if I just load standard poses for the male genesis 8,1 figure, the upper body gets fixed and is posed wrong, tried various settings, and didn´t pose them other than loading presets, but it´s just wrong.

If I use the Bridge I usually export the Daz character first in Default pose…
Then Import the Figure to Blender…
Then with the character selected Hit Refresh under Pose Tools, then select the Character in the Drop-Down

Then I can use Import Pose ( good Idea to open the folder for your pose library in Daz and then copy the Location (Ctrl + C) then you can paste that into the addon File browser…

Select the Pose .duf file…either full body pose or pose by region ( by region after the full body pose…)

Thanks, yeah, I may have to check that route, if that is a more stable way.

Nope, that isn´t working, the pose I have made with simple rotations on the arms, it just fails to apply to the default export, the pose is almost the same.

the actual export with my special pose survived better, though totally off on on side of the figure.

may be a version thing, either with figures or blender, or daz itself.

What I can see though, after a few original pose library loading, those seem to be coming in correct, so …it´s when posing your own stuff, it seems to go haywire, and I do not load poses from other figures, so it´s the manual posing, and saving.

Could be some limit thing it doesn´t like.

Did you save your pose into Daz after creating it?

It might be simpler to Export from Daz as an FBX with Morphs…and then import with the pose applied in Daz should be set when Importing to Blender…

I checked and yeah you are a bit behind in the versions…
Plugin is set for Blender 3.5 stable
Daz latest version is 4.20.0.2
Daz to Blender Bridge if using Daz Central or Install Manager is…now 2.4.0

It list fix for Pose not working on Root Bone so that might be your problem…??

yes, save scene from default, made a new pose, saved pose, but on my own special folder which shouldn´t matter.
loaded that pose in blender, but no luck.

Tried blender 4.1 still the same issue, so either…
Daz bridge addon 2023. v1.0 it´s probably that.
or my older daz 4.21 pro.

FBX I have tried before, it´s totally unreliable, while working in Lightwave as it should.
I would also loose out the iray ubershader, so not gonna go that route.

So…as you concluded, probably the fix they made in 2.4.0 that is the key to check for.

Thanks.

I can´t get any 2.4.0 blender bridge, I tried with the install manager, but it still is v.1

updated daz to latest version, and there is no other version of the blender bridge than the one that says 1.0…so that is weird if you say it is on version 2.4.0

That is by searching on the daz central, and I can´t re-install since it´s already installed, would need to uninstall in such case.

The numbering system is just screwy…
as the Latest on Github is 1.1 that should be the one you need…

Don’t know what Daz Central is all hyped up about 2.0 is here…blah blah…

Not sure what to do to help you…
You could go with Diffeomorphic Addon
I prefer to use it over the Bridge…

and where is that at?
no link? if that´s the official daz, it´s just not there in my searches.

This version isnt available on daz, and it looks like an older version, yet stating 2.4.0
and the plugin I have installed to not have the Armature daz blender, it´s called daz to blender export, nothing else.

Diffeomorphic seem more hazzle to export, and not sure if it sets up the shaders as the daz to blender bridge does, I need that.

It’s right in the DazCentral installer…under Bridges…
and since it went to Github the product page is the same as it was 3 years ago…

I haven’t checked for an update on it and I haven’t received a notification that there is an update ( there probably is, as this was installed last year) and as far as I can tell nothing has been updated except I think there is an update to Daz to 4.20.0.2, and I’m still running Daz 4.20.0.17

The Diffeomorfic addon is not hard to install unless you have installed Daz on an external drive ( it always wants to install on C: and with all the assets you can fill your drive real quickly)

The only part that people mess up is in the Global settings getting all the locations out of Daz Studio ( which is still and probably will always be a real rat nest of cascading folder structures)!

Then I have the latest version, the daz installer will not give me any other version than the one that is to be found when searching for it, and it´s installed.
it says daz to blender bridge 2023 v.1.0.5

Seems the developers haven´t been updating the software to describe properly which version number it is, why is it called v.20 when Nothing of that can be seen in the installement.

This is a version confusion nightmare product.
First stating it´s 2.0
installement main label says 1.0
Advanced settings says 1.0.5

You said 2.4.0 ? :upside_down_face:

Thanks for trying to clear this up though.

as for diffeomorphic, there is no iray ubershader on it is it?

Read through this >>>>HERE