Setup to render this image?

Hi all, I’m trying to recreate something like this image. Any thoughts on the setup? I’ve tried thin planes with emissive material, area lights, and shining light through a cutout but just can’t get this really soft effect. Ideas?

I did this with a sky texture and an area lamp and some blockers

window light.blend (1013.4 KB)

1 Like

Can’t really glean much from those screen shots but thanks that’s pretty close at least.

That’s why I included the .blend as well :wink:

LOL, didn’t even notice. Thanks, I’ll take a look. :slight_smile:

Hey thanks, that got me where I wanted. Made a few little tweaks and it looks like I want. What is the camera you use? I’ve never seen those adjustable corners…not sure what to even call them or what they even do. And I couldn’t find anything in the Camera settings that caused them or turned them off. Thanks again.

Ah, there is a render border applied, I use this to reduce the load when rendering in the viewport, as it only renders what is within the border.

Ctrl+Alt+B will remove it.

Oh, render region right? Did it change in 4? I don’t recall the corners being click draggable… but maybe it’s always been like that.

Correct, I don’t remember when they added in the handles, but its relatively new

1 Like

:eyes: Ohhhhh, View-port gizmos, I always have them off!.. You live and learn.

I always have them on but still don’t recall them being able to be modified.

Hi,

just have seen the solution and thought of just lights instead of a expensive WORLD Sky.

Just open the blend file below and see through the camera. Then enable the sun OR the area light.
Look at the light settings, as you can seen in the file. This way you blur the shadows.
Play slowly with the settings to understand.

When you come out of camera view, you’ll see three OTHER lights that project images or procedural patterns.
That’s the other way to archive GOBOS ligting.

With all the lights: Have a look on the light shader nodes as well.

Hope that helps!?

The sun renders faster than the area light.

window light.blend (2.2 MB)

1 Like