Sheldon - the Electric Blue Gecko

Hey everyone, say hi to my new 3D creature project! :slight_smile: This time it’s a Stylized electric blue Gecko, his name is Sheldon. :blush:

This time I also made a little animation of this guy, which is a bit out of my comfort zone.
I usually avoid animating stuff, but decided to challenge myself and actually quite happy with the result :slight_smile:
You can check out the animation on artstation or behance (can’t upload it here for some reason)
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/blqJQr?notification_id=5960169378

I hope you like it ^^

you can follow my work on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/masha_bzva/

66 Likes

Great materials!

1 Like

Very nice!

Simple geometry and the texture makes it so real looking. Did you have blendshapes or skeleton for the tongue and jaws since on the first photo mouth is open with tongue and then it’s closed :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you ^^

how did you do the jaw and tongue :smiley:

1 Like

I made a simple rig for it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I thought so. This is the best way to make it imo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Beautiful work. I really like the materials and the subsurface scattering in the hands is great. :clap:

1 Like

Yeah totally agree!

Congrats !
Very clean mesh. A proof that high density mesh are not necessary for organic.

1 Like

Thanks! But I first sculpted it and then did the retopology to make it low poly and add the details with normal maps. And of course the textured rendering have a +1 subdivisions level, otherwise the subdivisions would be visible on more rounded spots.

I love the look of this little guy, well done !

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

thank you ^^

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

1 Like

oh gosh !! i really dont like this type lizards !
amazing work !

1 Like

The textures are outstanding!

1 Like

Thank you! ^^ Why don’t you like electric Geckos?

1 Like

Thank you so much ^^

1 Like